When the subject provided a sample to my Alco-Sensor VXL instrument the test result was “Insufficient Sample”. Is there something wrong with the instrument?
The Alco-Sensor VXL instrument is an advanced, evidential quality breath alcohol instrument that features advanced sampling analytics to make sure that the sample provided by the subject meets the minimum sample requirements for your program. When the submitted sample does not meet these minimum sample requirements the instrument will display, print, and store “Insufficient Sample” as the test result.
- Breath sample flow below or above threshold values;
- Attempt to “suck back” while providing a sample;
- Providing a sample that is less in volume than the minimum volume required;
- Not completing a sample or not supplying a sample within the allowed time for a sample to be provided;
- Abruptly stopping the breath sample.