PLEASE NOTE: This course covers only the RBT IV and the RBT VXL instruments.
This fully online train-the-trainer course is available for the RBT IV/Alco-Sensor IV and the Alco-Sensor VXL instruments and qualifies for both DOT initial BAT training and DOT BAT refresher training and includes BAT Instructor. A Mastery Test at the end must be passed to obtain a proof of completion.This course includes 1 day self-study and 2 consecutive days of classroom webcam instruction.Certification on more than one instrument will incur additional charges and one additional day of training.
The course includes:
- Self-study DOT Model Course – Part 40 Rules and Regulations (online)
- Advanced 2 day BAT and BAT Instructor training
- Day 1: Mocks,
- Day 2: BAT Instructor
- Instrument Proficiency orientation (online)
- Intoximeters EBT instrument-specific training (webcam)
- 7 mock tests with an Intoximeters Corporate Trainer (webcam)
- Includes instruction on the Quality Assurance Plan (QAP) and Accuracy Checks
- Passing a written exam is required for certification
- Calibration Technician training
- Instructor resource manual, training aids, and electronic files are provided
- Advanced EBT training
- Successful presentations of BAT modules are required for certification
Note: This course is an advanced class over and above DOT’s requirements for BAT instructors. Successful completion of the Instructor Course authorizes the individual as a Calibration Technician.
What is the process? Once the student has successfully completed the online self-study components then a date and time will be confirmed for an Intoximeters Corporate Trainer to monitor the student performing 7 error-free mock alcohol tests to complete the Instrument Proficiency component of the BAT training. For this portion of the class you must have a working EBT instrument with printer and a valid (not expired) dry gas tank. After the completion of the 7 error-free mocks, the BAT Instructor training will commence on.
Questions? Contact the Intox Training Academy