Breath Alcohol Technician Instructor Training
PLEASE NOTE: This course covers only the Alcomonitor CC; Alco-Sensor IV with Memory; and Alco-Sensor IV @Work instruments.
This BAT training class includes 1-day self study and three days in-classroom training and certifies students as Breath Alcohol Technicians (BATs) according to 49 CFR Part 40 regulations and as Breath Alcohol Technician (BAT) Instructors and Calibration Technician Instructors on a single Intoximeters EBT device. Please note that certification on more than one instrument will incur additional charges.
- Self-study (Online Learning Center) plus 3 days classroom
- DOT Model Course – part 40 rules and regulations (online)
- Intoximeters EBT instrument-specific training (classroom)
- 7 mock tests in a classroom setting with an Intoximeters Corporate Trainer
- Includes instruction on the Quality Assurance Plan (QAP) and Accuracy Checks
- Passing a written exam is required for certification
- Calibration Technician training (classroom)
- Instructor resource manual, training aids, and electronic files are provided
- Advanced EBT and calibration theory plus testimony issues are discussed
- Successful presentations of BAT and calibration technician training modules are required for certification
Note: This course is an advanced class over and above DOT BAT training requirements for instructors. Successful completion of the Instructor Course authorizes the individual as a Calibration Technician and to train Factory Authorized Calibration Technicians. Calibration Trainer Agreement expires every 12 months. Recertification requirements are at the discretion of Intoximeters.
Questions? Contact the Intox Training Academy